July 7, 2009

INSATIABLE

IN-SA-TIA-BLE (in-sey-shuh-buhl)

InsatiableIn*sa"tia*ble\,
Noun/Adjective

Not satiable; incapable of being satisfied or appeased; very greedy; as, an insatiable appetite, thirst, or desire.

...

I got to find out about the meaning of this word when one of my favorite artist, Darren Hayes released his first single as a solo artist having INSATIABLE as the title.

At first, it was the music that really catched me, but the title left me puzzled so I looked for it in the dictionary and I said to myself that, ya...we are...i am insatiable.

The word means incapable of beign satisfied. Wait...before you raised your eyebrows and open your mouth, think again. Of course, that statement is so vague. What kind of satisfaction are we talking about here. Therefore, it's a case to case basis right?!

It also connotes an insatiable desire, thirst or appetite. Yes, it is still vague.

Humans as we are, we are always feeling the hunger, the urge for somehting. The feeling of not being contented with what we have. That we still look for more than what we have and ask for something.

It's not wrong to be insatiable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say something?