July 4, 2009

HIGH SCHOOL LIFE

(ORIGINALLY CREATED LAST OCT. 24, 2008)

Last Wednesday, I got across my professor in Math (Sir Tolentino) when I was still in High School on the way to Monumento.
Actually he's the one who greeted me first. I felt like if I greeted him first, he might not recognize me because of the number of students he have handled in school.

So he asked me the usual question that is if I'm working. I told him that I am with ABS-CBN. He also asked about the rest of the peeps in MIDES(my section when I was in 4th Year High School)

I asked him about SMASN, and he said that there have been a lot of changes.
While conversing with him, I felt like I was rocketed back to my High School years.

It was the year 2000 when we...I graduated from High School. We were really young then. I was really young then.

At the age of 16, I still don't know the meaning of gimik. Gimik to me that time was spending the rest of your time hanging out with my friends/classmates after school either on the campus or on someone else's house. I'm not really fond of going to the malls way back then.

I don't even have vices then. I remember me saying 8 years ago that I will never, ever smoke and drink. But hey, things change ayt?! I'm just human...born to make mistakes and be prone to sins.

Of course I have a lot of friends in High School. The good ones, the bad ones (that's how I classify them, nothing literal)

Oh my god, who could forget the "Autograph" (HAHAHAHA) God, they're almost everywhere. Felt like I was a celebrity signing every Autograph that my classmates were handing me over. Answering the questions like who is your crush? What is love? Who's your first kiss? Favorite color? Motto in life, Hobbies and of course...the last part of it is the Dedication which always have the same message....

"Thanks for letting me sign in this cute autograph of yours..." Grabe, I can't help but smile. I felt like people are staring at me coz of the look on my face.

Who can escape the boy bands like N'Sync, Backstreet Boys and girl groups like All Saints and of course the Spice Girls (Girl Power...go Posh Spice!)

And when you talk about High School, it’s inevitable to talk about crushes. The guy whom you wanna see everyday and one of the reasons why you go to school. The guy that every girl adores even your closest friend has a crush on him. Maybe even your teachers. (Hahaha)

Also, the days when the school has to take a break like Intramurals. You cheer just to give boost and support to the players of your section. We all know that section rivalry is always and will always be part of every High Schooler.

Who can forget about JS PROM.? Every student in High School awaits the moment of being a Junior in school basically because of the Prom. It’s the total break from class talaga. Just one night, one unforgettable night wherein every guy would put on their suit, dance the girl of his dreams. One night wherein every girl would become ladies and wear their nice gowns and wait till their crush approach them and ask her for a dance.

Lastly, it’s the time when you and your classmates should part ways obviously because you have to graduate and move on with your life as a College student. The moment when that graduation song began to play…

“Time be with you till we meet again, guide and keep you till we meet again. Though we may not see around the bend…”

Then you start to cry and look for your bestfriend, your barkada, your girlfriends, your katoto’s, your seatmate, your crush (actually this is the best time kasi he/she can’t reject you for an embrace) You tell each other that you will definitely miss his/her/their company and that you are hoping that you can find another him/her/them in College.

Hay, High School life…so many memories.
(‘’,)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say something?