July 4, 2009

BACKGROUNDER PART 6

(ORIGINALLY CREATED LAST SEPT. 6, 2008)

Sunday afternoon, I got a text message from Kuya Otep telling me that I should start working on my assignment for the next episode and that I have to make proper coordinations in Manila Zoo regarding Korina Sanchez' standupper the next day.

I was given an omnibus story (three case studies in one segment) about wild animal handlers. The one handling the largest croc in the country in Davao City, the one handling the tigers of Zoobic Safari in Subic and the German National who have this vast collection of venomous snakes in Mindoro.

Monday, We were all set for the standupper of our host, unfortunately it was packed-up and rescheduled the next day.

Since the story requires us to go to three different places in one week, my writer and I agreed to work separately.

Tuesday, I flew to Davao together with my cameraman. My writer took in charge of the standupper in Manila. I came back Wednesday night. My writer had just finished covering the tiger handlers in subic. I beg to do the shoot on Friday kasi sobrang pagod na din naman ako. I was convinced that I really wanted to get some rest, better go to Mindoro on Thursday and have my rest day on Saturday until Sunday.

So, I called up Ate Lizette asking for a crew coz we need to leave ABS-CBN by 2 or 3am to catch the Montenegro Ship going to Mindoro. Surprisingly, he was my crew.

My writer didn't join the coverage coz he needs to write the script. He just gave the questions needed to be ask and the shots he needed.

So I went to Mindoro together with Nelson and Kuya Celso (Cameraman). The perks of having a shoot out of town (kahit nakakapagod)...one you get to see a different view and be away from the office. Second, you get to be with someone you really wanna be with. Hehehe.

We arrived in Mindoro by 7am siguro or 8am then headed to the house of Mario Lutz, the German National who collects venomous snakes like viper, cobra, rattlesnakes.

After the shoot. Syempre kulitan na. We went to our hotel to freshen up and get some rest coz we need to get back to Manila the next day.

Wala lang...dapat magkatabi kami sa kama tapos si Kuya Celso ang sa extra bed eh kaso nahiya naman ako. Besides I don't like the feeling of being tease with him and mostly if I am in front of him. Parang masyadong give away, parang bonus. It's makes me feel that he thinks that I'm telling people about it.

Ayun, tsaka nagmoment ako nun. Kasi tumawag si Noemi, ang tagal nila nag-usap sa phone. (Taray di ba? As if may relasyon kami...) Sobrang snob ako, niyayaya niya ko tumabi sa kama...deadma lang ako. Tapos uminom sila ni Kuya Celso ng maliit na Gran Matador. Ako...tulog-tulugan ang drama.

The next day, nung pauwi na kami, naglambing naman siya. That's one thing I like about him. Pag alam niyang bwisit ako, he knows how to make me smile and make bawi.

Syangapala, the day na pabalik kami was my birthday. So siya unang bumati sa akin. Tapos nung nasa Batangas area na kami habang nasa crewcab, tinugtog yung kanta ni Nina for Goldilocks...

Sobrang tuwang-tuwa ako kasi sinabayan niya at kinanta niya para sa akin...

"Ang araw na ito...ay araw mo pagdating mo sa ating mundo. Matatandaan, di malilimutan kailanman, kailanman. I wish you a happy birthday!"

Hay...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say something?