July 4, 2009

BACKGROUNDER PART 7

(ORIGINALLY CREATED LAST SEPT. 24, 2008)

This is connected to the trip I made to Zamboanga, Sibugay. In Rated K, everytime you go on an out of town for a coverage, you should have at least another story to bring home.

Aside from the seaweed farmer story who takes care of sea snakes, another story was produce in that coverage. But the story isn't complete without the re-enactment.

We(Stanley and I) decided to do the re-enactment in UP. With three talents, me, the cameraman and Stanley, we rode the van provided for us. But as the shoot went on, Ate Lizette said that the van must be pulled out from us and that I should contact Nelson to fetch us.

That time, we are not in good terms. I don't know why. I can't remember na. So I sent him a text relaying Ate Lizette's message. He insisted that he can't do it coz he's still in a coverage and that I should look for another driver. I forwarded him the text of Ate Lizette. My point is, I'm not the one who said that, it's Ate Lizette's. And that if he have any problem with that, better text Ate Lizette.

So after how many minutes, he arrived at the location. As usual, nakasimangot na naman. I was wearing a blue jacket coz I'm still not feeling well after I took a one week leave coz of sickness.

Before we finished the shoot, umulan na ng sobrang lakas. As in malakas. May bagyo yata noon. Ending, nabasa kami lahat. We need to take care of our talents kasi kargo din naman namin sila. Stanley said na sumakay na sila kay Nelson. Since we're six all in all, obviously we will not fit in one crewcab alone. So I texted Mang Gaspar for back-up.

When Mang Gaspar came, Stanley and the cameraman immediately hopped in. I rode in Nelson's crewcab (even though I don't wanna to) basically the talents were there. I sat in the passenger's seat next to the driver's seat.

I was dripping. Fuck, kagagaling ko pa man din sa sakit and I'm not yet totally magaling. i pulled out my hanky and tried to dry myself.

"Basa ka na" Nelson said.

"Obvious ba?!" I replied with the sarcastic tone coz I'm still pissed by the way he responded to my text.

"Magpalit ka na ng damit. Baka matuyuan ka" he said.

"Alam ko, pagdating na lang sa office. Papatuyo ako. Tsaka wala naman akong dalang damit kasi di ko naman alam na mababasa ako di ba?!" I said.

He reached something at the back of his seat. It was his backpack. He opened it. Pulled-out a plastic bag and handed it to me.

"Ayan, t-shirt...magpalit ka. Kagagaling mo lang sa sakit, baka lalo ka magkasakit" Nelson said.

Oh my god, I can't imagine that he would do such a thing. I mean, I really find it weird yet flattering.

"Thank you, maya na. Tsaka, matutuyo din naman ito." I insisted.

I really wanted to make a point. That I won't be pursuaded that easily kahit gusto ko na kunin dahil nanlalamig na talaga ko.

"Magpalit ka na. Pag ikaw natuyuan, magkakasakit ka ulit. Sige na, magpalit ka na!" he said.

I pulled-out the shirt from the plastic and I wore it. I said my thank you.
Before we get back to the office...ok na kami.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say something?