July 4, 2009

BACKGROUNDER PART 5

(ORIGINALLY CREATD LAST SEPT. 3, 2008)

I read an article in the paper. I told myself that it would sell in Rated K. Eventually it did. The story is about a Seaweed farmer who put up a house solely for the sea snakes that used to dwell in their former abode.

I flew to Zamboanga, Sibugay together with my writer Stanley and cameraman. The trip was tiring yet the scenic view compensated it.

Since the shoot should be done mostly on waters, we secured our phones in a zip lock bag. After the shoot, we went back to the island and got ready for dinner.
We looked at our phones for any messages or missed calls from work. I have one. I read it.

"....09193803096 HAVE SENT YOU A VOICE MESSAGE. TO HEAR THE MESSAGE, PLEASE DIAL *07911"

The cell number looks familiar. It was Nelson's (Iba na number niya...at hindi ko kabisado).

I dialled the number stated on the message.

Fuck!!! I was stunned!

"AWIT NA NANANAWAGAN, BAKA SAKALING NAPAKIKINGGAN. PAG-IBIG NA PALAISIPAN SA KANTA NA LANG IDADAAN. NAG-AABANG SA LANGIT, SA MGA ULAP SUMISILIP. SA LIKOD NG MGA TALA KAHIT SULYA LANG DARNA"

I was freaking shouting and yelling. I immediately dialed his number and waited for him to pick-up the phone.

"ANO YUN?" I said.

"ALIN?" he said.

"ANO YUN?! ALAM MO KUNG ANO ANG TINUTUKOY KO?" I insisted.

He was laughing...

"ANO?!" i asked again.

"WALA YUN...NAKATAMBAY LANG KASI AKO SA SASAKYAN TAPOS TINUGTOG YUN, EH DI BA FAVORITE MO YUN? KAYA NIRECORD KO TAPOS SINEND KO SA'YO" he explained.

After that, I said goodbye and thank you.

Kuya Celso (the cameraman) was so pissed coz I was screaming out of kakiligan.

"Narda" is a song that somehow mirrors what I have for him. And what he did really made me feel that somehow, one way or another, maybe imprtant to him.

Hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say something?