June 22, 2012

FIRST TIME IN MARINDUQUE...

One of the reasons why I LOVE MY JOB is because of the fact that I can see and visit different parts of the country FOR FREE!

Last month I was assigned to Marinduque, and it's MY FIRST TIME!

My crew and I left Manila around 6am and reached Lucena Port at 10am. We were originally scheduled to take the RORO trip to Marinduque at 10am but since we came in late, we have no choice but to wait for the next trip which is at 12 noon.

It's a 2-hour RORO trip from Lucena, Quezon to Marinduque.



Once we reached the port and got off the barge, a monument of the Moriones soldiers will welcome you to the island.


MORIONES MONUMENT

We arrived in Mongpong, a remote island at 5:30pm and since it's already dusk, we have to get to work right away so we can still have some day effect shoots.

 MONGPONG ISLAND, MARINDUQUE


The island is very remote. They have electricity but only from 5pm to 11pm. There are no hotels on the island so we slept in the house of our case study.

I will not go into details of what I have experienced on the island and don't bother asking me. Hehehe.

ME AND MY CREW

Let's just say, I'll charge it to experience.

Wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to say something?